I’m on holiday, I’m over-50 and I’m wearing a bikini. My body isn’t ‘beach perfect’ or ‘bikini ready’ or whatever. I’m pear-shaped with a long torso and a ring of middle-aged blubber. I just feel more comfortable in a two-piece. And I’m not alone. There are loads of women of different ages, shapes and sizes wearing bikinis on the beach, too. We may not look like ‘hot celebs over-40’, we look like women on holiday – and guess what, no one is pointing and staring.
My latest piece for the Guardian is on the subject of swimwear – here are a few pointers:
1. Buy a decent swimsuit – one without ruffles and frills and flounces. One that you can swim in.
2. You’re never too old for a bikini. I totally believe this and hope you do too.
3. Allow yourself enough time to find The One. This involves trying on a few different styles either ordered online or on the high street (I did the latter, in a heatwave, and it was almost a relief to be standing in a changing room in my underwear).
4. Don’t stress over sizes – no one can see the label.
5. Pay attention to details; like Lycra content, removable cups etc
Read the full Guardian article HERE. I’m on holiday & will be back in a bit.